    What exactly happens when a Adobe JPEG image is converted to sRGB? Are
    the highlights and shadows clipped, if the original scene had a high
    dynamic range?

    Alfred Molon, May 11, 2007

  2. Alfred Molon

    Mike Russell Guest

    No - the dynamic range of the image is the same for sRGB and Adobe RGB.
    What may happen is that certain very saturated colors (dark or light) will
    be less saturated after being converted to sRGB. Since your monitor is
    almost certainly unable to display these colors, you will see no difference.

    The bigger question is whether you yourself have tried this, and seen a
    difference.

    Mike Russell, May 11, 2007

  3. Alfred Molon

    Jay B Guest

    Print from each color space and you should see a noticeable difference
    in saturation levels...

    More for Adobe
    Less for sRGB

    Jay Beckman
    Chandler, AZ
    www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

    Jay B, May 11, 2007
  4. Alfred Molon

    gpaleo Guest

    Check with WikiPedia, all will be explained (fascinating stuff).
    (My other camera is an 8080, sigh.....)

    gpaleo, May 12, 2007