    I have seen ads for the Linksys cable routers that claim they do this,
    does anybody out there have any experience with them?

    Thanks Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Paul

    shannon Guest

    I recommend some third party software called hyperWRT+tofu with a
    linksys WRT54g router.
    http://www.polarcloud.com/tofu
    Its a version designed to work correctly with UPnP and Bittorrent DHT,
    there are some issues with the stock software.
    Its got a fairly comprehensive access restriction page that allows
    setting of access times and restriction by devices, ports, sites,
    keywords etc
    Its also got QoS which allows priority setting of traffic by port or device.

    shannon, Jan 3, 2006