    etc). Thus far I can only turn off the ADSL router which stops all access,
    which I do not want to do.

    Thanks for any help.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Guest

    Kerry Brown Guest

    It depends on your router. You may be able to filter by MAC. On my Linksys
    DI-614+ I have this option but it would to be configured each time I wanted
    to deny a certain PC access and then again to allow access. A bit of work
    but it could be done.

    Kerry Brown
    KDB Systems

    Kerry Brown, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,
    Who is your ISP provider, sbc? do you have a 2wire home portal?

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Don't think I have a 2wire home portal. The router is BT Voyager 2000
    wireless ADSL router. Service provider is BT.

    Guest, Feb 24, 2005
  5. If you only want to shut off wireless connections, you should be able to log
    on to your router and disable the wireless portion of it by turning off the
    radio or some other similar option. This would prevent your kid's wireless
    stations from being able to connect, but you should still be able to access
    the internet with your desktop which is wired into the router.

    --
    “Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.”

    Dave Puhrmann [MSFT], Mar 4, 2005
  6. Guest

    merlec Guest

    I use an Internet filter called Content Watch which costs about $20 for
    the basic version which can be installed on up to 3 computers. It will
    filter out porn or anything you want as an administrator. You can limit
    internet access based on time of day for any day of the week or deny
    internet accesss by checking a check box. No filter programs are perfect
    but I have tried a few and this is the best yet.

    merlec, Mar 5, 2005