  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    Guest, Aug 25, 2005

  2. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Depends which disease you contract.

    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Just use protection and it's not a problem.

    Frisbee®, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Contracting jobs or contracting STDs?

    I have two completly different thoughts depending on which you mean.

    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?= spewed across
    the ether:
    That would depend a great deal on the nature of the contract.

    JaR, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Missed it by that much.

    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    More money, less security.
    Higher taxes, no insurance.

    It's risk vs. reward. Make a choice.

    Jtyc, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    *tumbleweed*
    --
    the jobby

    Guest, Aug 25, 2005
  9. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Uh, cactus?

    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    4 replys in about 5mins, all along the same line!

    MCNGP = minds in the gutter

    Guest, Aug 25, 2005
  11. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    i think it's fantastic

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  12. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Says the guy making 150K\yr.

    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I guess I'm asking from the point of view of building a depth of experience,
    which may be difficult in the more restrictive world of perm job, offset
    against:

    Guest, Aug 25, 2005
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    better ask the keyboardcowboy
    --
    the jobby

    Guest, Aug 25, 2005
  15. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    i think it's fantastic

    You must work in a great place.

    Jtyc, Aug 25, 2005
  16. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    most contracting positions require you to have the knowledge coming into it,
    thus the need for a consultant, not a trainee. take a perm job, have them
    pay for you to pick up these skills, then enter the world of consulting. but
    you better be well polished or you will not last long.

    "i eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast"
    "you eat sh*t for breakfast"
    long pause
    "no"

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  17. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    no, i hate it, actually

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  18. Guest

    kpg Guest

    No, no, no, it's not that at all.

    It's just with all the groupies...well we're
    just very sensitive about contracting things.

    you know, like Rock Stars. only more so.

    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  19. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    That was last week. He's gotten another raise.

    Frisbee®, Aug 25, 2005
  20. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    probably those @ssmunches you work with.