    not agreeing on which device to use. Is there any way to maybe have
    the 4507R take care of the forwarding/blocking decisions and turn off
    spanning-tree on the 3560?

    pfisterfarm, Jun 24, 2011

  2. pfisterfarm

    Mark Huizer Guest

    The wise pfisterfarm enlightened me with:
    What I've remember from quite a similar setup (but with different boxes,
    not sure anymore, Astaro or something like that) is that the boxes
    needed to specifically have spanning tree configured, which makes sense
    since SPT is a point-to-point thingy.
    I would ask your vendor or the producer of this appliance how to
    configure that.

    Mark

    Mark Huizer, Jun 24, 2011

  3. pfisterfarm

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings,
    pfisterfarm chose the tried and tested strategy of:
    Do the content filters participate in STP at all? Ie, do they pass STP, do
    they block STP and not emit their own, or do they emit their own and not
    pass STP?

    alexd, Jun 25, 2011