Contact Sheets - Does Such a Program Exist?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Greg, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I want to print low quality contact sheets (to speed up the printer
    speed).

    Here exactly is what I want.

    I want to be able to take my C: drive and print out every photo on a
    contact sheet.

    I want each contact sheet to have on top of it the directory (or
    subdirectory) on it.

    I want each contact sheet to have the number of contact sheets for each
    directory (or subdirectory).

    I want the file name under each photo.

    So like it would say on the top C:\Disney trip\Day1

    at the bottom it would say page 1 of 5 (or whatever).

    Is there a program in existance that would do that?

    Greg, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Greg

    Joey Guest

    Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
    can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
    page.

    Joey, Feb 2, 2006

  3. I think you mean "ACDSee". Googling for "ACDC" will get the OP a
    lot of results, but probably not correct ones. BTW, it's traditional
    for replies to go below the text being replied to.

    Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Greg

    tomm42 Guest

    Photoshop Contact Sheet II. Works much better than the original. 20 to
    an 8.5x11 page looks very good. The action will make as many pages as
    there are pics in a folder.

    Tom

    tomm42, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Greg

    RobG Guest

    Tradition, not one of the 10 commandments.

    RobG

    RobG, Feb 2, 2006
  6. Not even a tradition....but a bone of contention. Some people like it one
    way and some another. Personally I like the new stuff on top since I have
    already read the old parts of the message in most cases.

    Gene Palmiter, Feb 2, 2006
  7. Greg

    Stewy Guest

    Usenet Rules! (Beavis & Butthead)

    1. the golden rule is There are no golden rules.
    2. bottom posting is easier than top posting especially if your
    newsreader is configured to 'typing replaces selection' - my reader
    (MT-NewsWatcher) automatically puts the curser at the bottom of the post.
    3. Top posting creates unbelievable anger in some people.
    4. Bottom posting does exactly the same thing.
    5. Posts like this post (written by a Brit) invited flames from other,
    less anal, posters.
    6. Posters who can't say what they want to say in 20 lines or less
    deserve to be ignored.
    7. Snipping for brevity and tidying up the replies is most welcome.

    PS Many thanks for the advice. My Canon printer has software for making
    thumbnails but it's very klunky and only good if you're printing up A3
    sheets.

    Stewy, Feb 3, 2006
  8. Greg

    Jon Danniken Guest

    A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: Top-posting.

    Jon

    Jon Danniken, Feb 3, 2006
  9. Irfanview can print contact sheets out, and it's free.

    Cheers
    Steven Thompson

    Steven Thompson, Feb 4, 2006
  10. Greg

    JunkMonkey Guest

    You are destined for a life of disappointment!

    JunkMonkey, Feb 11, 2006