    upgrade a device using it as the console connection.

    Thanks in advance,

    -Jon Hartman

    Jon Hartman, Mar 10, 2005

  2. ~ We've got a Cisco 3640 we're using as an async console server. Is there any
    ~ way to perform an x-modem or xmodem 1K file transfer over it? I need to
    ~ upgrade a device using it as the console connection.
    ~
    ~ Thanks in advance,
    ~
    ~ -Jon Hartman
    ~

    I've done it.

    First set the 3640 line to 115200 bps if the target console port
    supports it.

    Next open hyperterm and set it to talk to a IP address / TCP port
    rather than to a COM port or modem. The TCP port should be
    4000+line for raw TCP.

    Now do your xmodem.

    (I THINK this should work; this was a few years ago.)

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Jon Hartman

    Jon Hartman Guest

    That is crazy-insane... and it totally worked. I tested it and it worked
    beautifully.

    Thank you for the information. :)

    -Jon

    Jon Hartman, Mar 11, 2005