connection to router via lan and wan

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jonny, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. jonny

    jonny Guest

    hi all have a strange issue , i might just be missing something

    internet---------adsl router -----2651 cisco router------lan

    i can telnet and ssh to the router via the lan but not the internet even
    though i have opened port 22 and 23 to allow telnet ans ssh access to the
    cisco router and am having no joy connecting via the wan

    when i replace the router with an old 1924 switch i can telnet to the
    switch from the wan and lan

    why can i connect to the switch and not the router via the wan
    and connect to both via the lan

    to me being able to connect to the switch on port 23 proves the port is
    forwarding requests

    the router has a basic config on it , no access lists or other stoppers i
    can see

    cheers for any info

    jonny, Dec 15, 2005

  2. jonny

    toddedu Guest

    Jonny,

    It has to be something in the router config that is causing your
    problem. Could you post the output of show run on your router?

    toddedu, Dec 16, 2005