Connection drops moving mouse after a while

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by XL, Jan 13, 2011.

  1. XL

    XL Guest

    Hi,
    if I leave my computer alone for a few minutes (20-30) while it
    downloads a file, the connection remains up till I move the mouse (a
    window with ping monitors this).
    As soon as I move the mouse the ADSL connection drops.

    On the other hand if I use PC normally everything works fine.

    I've disabled screen saver and power management (even in device manager
    for every device supporting it).

    I've a Netgear DG834G v5 router.

    Any suggestions?

    Thank you
    Regards

    XL, Jan 13, 2011

  2. XL

    XL Guest

    I forgot to say that I have Windows XP SP3

    XL, Jan 13, 2011