    (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does it have
    to be straight cable?

    Thanks

    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004

  2. MadEric

    Guest Guest

    You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.

    Guest, Apr 16, 2004

  3. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    I cant get much joy out of netgear but I do know that My router is
    connected to the pc by striaght cable and the router is connected to the
    modem by sttraight cable

    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  4. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Cant get much out of netgear I'm afraid but I don know that all other
    connections with my other equipment is by straight cable

    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  5. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Cant get through to netgear but I do know that all other connections
    between my DSLgear is by straight cable

    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  6. MadEric

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Check the router to see if one of the ports says "uplink" - that would be
    another option if the standard ports are not autosensing.

    T.T.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004