    Xbox live through the wireless connection, but when I go to set up the media
    center connection, the Media Center PC can not find the Xbox, and like wise
    the Xbox can not find the Media Center PC. Any advice would be appreciated.

    hcsmith, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Hi
    If you get a Wireless Game Box card for the X-Box the device would be able
    to connect on its own to the Wireless Router and the rest of the Network.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessnetadapter/default.htm
    If the X-Box is connected to the Laptop with a cable, you have to configure
    the Laptop's ICS to act as a second Router between the X-Box and the
    Network.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/windowsics.htm
    Functionally it works better with a Wireless Game Box Card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 21, 2008

  3. hcsmith

    Barb Bowman Guest

    is the DLink router setup as an access point with DHCP and NAT
    turned off since you already have a Linksys Router supplying DHCP?
    Why not replace the Linksys with the DLink and that way you will
    have only one router?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jan 21, 2008
  4. hcsmith

    hcsmith Guest

    The reason I have the two routers is that my internet access is located in
    another building on my property (my office). I have a conduit pipe that
    feeds a cat 5 cable to my house that I then connect to the wireless router
    for internet access in my house.

    Based upon what you said in your reply, I should just turn off DHCP and NAT

    hcsmith, Jan 23, 2008
  5. hcsmith

    Barb Bowman Guest

    yes, for most routers it is possible to turn off DHCP and NAT and it
    will act as an access point. see the documentation for your specific
    router. you may have switch the cable from the DLink WAN to LAN
    port, depending.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jan 23, 2008
  6. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 23, 2008