Connecting Two Cisco 2610's each with Wic T1 Dsu/Csu ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Guest, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am trying to do something in a lab environment and want to make sure
    it is doable with the cables I have and equipment.

    I have two 2610's each with T1 DSU's and I want to connect the two via
    the DSU's to emulate a WAN link. I am going to set them to 512k and I
    need to know if all I need to connect the two physically is a straight
    through RJ45 patch cable, or cross over ?

    This should be do able without an issue right? I am not missing
    anything in this equation am I ?

    I want to create a frame relay link between the two CSU's so that I
    can then setup some QoS and CoS on them and test how well the QoS will
    work with our Cisco IP phones, while I send different set amounts of
    traffic over the link using something like WAN Killer from Orion. I
    am hoping to create a bad voice call and scale forward and backwards
    with CoS and or QoS to determine the sweet spot.

    Anyone with experience or knowledge on the subject matter at hand I
    would appreciate hearing what you have to offer.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Guest

    MC Guest

    First, a T1 cross-over cable is needed, different than an ethnet cross-over
    cable

    A T1 cross-over cable will have pairs 1 and 3 reversed.
    1 - 4
    2 - 5

    Also on one of the routers, you need to source your clocking internally, The
    other router sourced from the line (network)
    one router (I use the one that is sourciong the clock) should have frame
    switching enabled.

    Just configure each serial interface on each router, The source router
    (doing the switching) will be the local DLCI that is defined in the frame
    mapping, It will send this in the LMI update to the other router which will
    have same DLCI defined unlike when on real frame network where each end may
    have different local DLCI's.

    MC, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Guest

    touristsis

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing here! Can I get command for the two routers

    Can I get the command for this two routers?
    I have router A with 1 ethernet port and serial 0 port (T1 or RJ45). Router B with 1 ethernet port and serial 0 port (T1 or RJ45). I have already connected the two router together via a T1 Cross-over cable. Pin 1-4, 2-5.

    Can you help me with the command for these two routers?

    touristsis, Nov 22, 2008