    no good reason to have the managment vlan the same and we do have a
    requirement that both sites must be a COOP/DR site for the other.
    Also, some subnets need to stay on one site or the other and not both.

    Wes Kaufmann, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Wes Kaufmann

    mliu Guest

    I suggest you trunk the two by using 802.1q with the native vlan set up
    on both end - any vlan number except for vlan 1 which is already in use
    on both switches in difference ways. In this way, there would be no
    interference with the exsiting configuration.

    Afterwards, you create Layer 3 connectivity (a dedicated vlan) for this
    link and use a /30 IP combo on both interfaces for routing purpose.

    Then estalish your routing protocol to advertise the network on both end.

    Hope it helps.

    mliu, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Wes Kaufmann

    melanthor Guest

    Go with the Layer 3 solution. If you ever go with HSRP or redundant
    connections, you are better off with Layer 3. You do not have to wait for
    spanning-tree if a line goes down.

    melanthor, Jul 17, 2003