    Scart and 2 audio+1Video jack) and Video Recorder (2 scarts).

    Any ideas?

    John

    John Robinson, Sep 7, 2004

  2. John Robinson

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:23:12 GMT, "John Robinson"

    Your removethis in your email addy is in the wrong place, the aim is too
    not only not get spam but avoid it hitting your ISP servers (nence
    tacking up bandwidth). As is, the NTL server tries multiple times to
    deliver to j.s.(remove.this)robinson1 , you don't get the spam but the
    server does and tries to process it then gives up maybe 24 hours after.

    not very helpful
    http://www.ntlworld.com/help/security/spam/index.php
    or
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    or

    Scart Cables :)

    Ask yourself, Connect how?

    That's just a bunch of kit and connectors (types/number) you don't say
    which you want to switch between / single or multiple sources.

    Try Maplin, they usually have several sorts of SCART/AV switch boxes and
    cables, http://www.maplin.co.uk/
    Start in the Sound and Vision section.
    Splitters and Switches.
    Usenet is not email, dump the useless broken AVG sig. Anyway it's out of
    date the Prog Ver is 6.0.754 02/09/03. The db is 504 06/09/03.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 7, 2004

  3. John Robinson

    Paul - xxx Guest

    John Robinson vaguely muttered something like ...
    I have a similar setup, but substitute Digital TV box for NTL Cable .. with
    exactly same configuration of scart connectors.

    Main Co-ax aerial to Digi box, then Co-ax output to Video TV in, then from
    Video TV out to TV aerial socket. Scart 1 from Digi box to Video 1, then
    Euro Scart from Video to TV Scart 1.

    DVD Scart to TV Scart 2.with Audio cables too, if your TV has them. The DVD
    is effectively a stand-alone direct to TV, so I can't record to video tape
    even if I want to (I don't, I have a DVD burner in my PC).

    Digital box (AKA NTL Cable box) sends signal to video first so can be
    recorded, then to TV. Video can record from either 'normal' TV (aerial in)
    or from Digi Box, and display on TV as normal.

    However .. All the booklets from every piece of equipment suggest slightly
    different layouts, and it took a shit-load of juggling, though now it seems
    obvious, of cables and a couple of extra connectors to sort everything into
    a cohesive system.

    Drink beer .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Sep 7, 2004
  4. John Robinson

    AD Guest

    I have 2 scarts on my TV and used a scart switch to add PS2, Xbox and Game
    cube.
    I have a quadruple scart switch so from one of the tv scart point I have
    connected the scart switch and run DVD, and all game stations, from the
    other scart on the tv I run the VCR wich is connected to the telewest cable
    box...
    Hope it helps.
    If you go the the www.maplin .co.uk and enter "scart switch" (no
    quotations), you'll find various selections
    AD

    AD, Sep 7, 2004
  5. Thanks for the info....... I Try to be good ;0)

    John Robinson, Sep 8, 2004
  6. Just go home from work, need a kip so I'll try your suggestion later.

    Thanks for the help.

    John

    John Robinson, Sep 8, 2004
  7. Tried your configuration and it works a treat, THANKS MATE.

    John

    John Robinson, Sep 9, 2004
  8. John Robinson

    Paul - xxx Guest

    John Robinson vaguely muttered something like ...
    No worries .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks