    another WAP 10 feet away.

    Is there some setting that can be changed?

    Or maybe a utility to replace whatever XP uses to locate/connect?

    (PeteCresswell), Nov 28, 2010

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    Brian Cryer Guest

    I think that Windows works on a priority order - you can specify the
    relative order in which Windows will connect to network, but I'm not aware
    of anything based on signal strength.

    For general browsing I can see the clear benefit of connecting to the
    strongest signal, but for security considerations its probably better to be
    able to specify preferred networks.
    I don't know of one, but I would seem likley that such a utility might be
    out there. If you find one (and someone doesn't suggest it here) then please
    post back.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 29, 2010