    Katheyk Guest

    Is there a way (via registry or otherwise) to force my Cisco wireless adapter
    to only connect to/recognize 802.11a wireless networks?

    Katheyk, May 2, 2008

  2. It is only going to connect to the ones you tell it to connect to. It
    cannot connect to anything where the security on the client-side has not be
    configured.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, May 2, 2008

  3. Hi
    You can not block the system from recognizing all signal that it is capable
    of recognizing.
    You might be able to restrict it to a with the original vendor utility or if
    there is a choice entry in the Wireless card's properties (
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg ).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 2, 2008