    I have seen similar questions in discussion groups but I can not find any
    answer on this issue.
    Anyone who know what could be wrong ?

    Bob D., Feb 17, 2007

  2. Bob D.

    David Hettel Guest

    If you go to |Start Menu | Settings | Connections | Connections (icon) |
    Advanced | Select Networks | What network name is displayed in each box? If
    you tap 'Edit' and then Proxy Settings what is displayed?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Bob D.

    Bob D. Guest

    David,

    Both boxes indicate "E2C" (referring to FSC's program EasyToConnect) and are
    both set to connect to the Internet in the Proxy Settings tab.
    I am using version v2.02.0641 (Build: 1125) which is known to have problems
    creating WiFi connections on Pocket Loox N560s.

    I found the following the fistloox.org/forums (thread 7337): "Any E2C WLAN
    based connection, which successfully connects is NOT GUARANTEED to become
    recognised by the OS's built-in Connection Manager. The Connection Manager is
    not aware of the connection, although it is successfully established. This
    will result in applications like pIE and others to not work correctly."

    I have meanwhile downloaded & installed Build 1131 of E2C and after some
    attempts I have finally succeeded to reach the Internet. Don't ask me how.
    However the connection spontaneously drops every now and then and then I
    have to start all over again connecting/deconnecting to my WLAN until I got a
    working connection. My desktop PCs do not encounter any problems and do have
    stable WiFi connections.

    I have seen in several forums that E2C is considered to be a notorious
    troublemaker. Is there a way of connecting to my home WLAN without E2C >
    And next question: Can I remove the old E2C from ROM where it resides now ?

    Thank you for your clarification.

    Bob D. (Netherlands)

    Bob D., Feb 19, 2007