    My main computer doesn't have a serial port so I can't use a link cable.
    But is there, for eg, a serial-to-USB cable, or a -- very cheap --
    solution involving the PCMIS port? Or another idea?

    Livewire, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Livewire wrote:

    NICs for each and a crossover Ethernet cable = LAN

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Livewire

    Dr. Bill Guest

    parallel <-> parallel, bi-directional cable.

    Dr. Bill, Mar 18, 2005
  4. Livewire

    Plato Guest

    Yeah why not that will come in handy in the future anyway, but I'd still
    go for the hub/switch/router and standard cables.

    Plato, Mar 18, 2005
  5. I was considering OP's request for "very cheap".

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 18, 2005