Connecting more wireless clients to E585 Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by GerryD, Jun 23, 2012.

  1. GerryD

    GerryD

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi , I hope someone can point me in the right direction:

    My broadband is from 3 mobile via a Huawei E585- works fine only problem is this device is limited to 5 wireless clients.
    In trying to get around this I am using a Linksys WET54G Wireless client adapter backed via ethernet into a DLINK DWL2100AP set up as an AP with DHCP- The idea is that the DLINK will act as a separate wireless LAN, serve its own clients with IP addresses and thereby these clients will not take up one of the five valuable slots.
    The IP's of the devices are as follows;

    E585 IP 192.168.1.1 (gateway) DHCP pool 192.168.1.100-200
    WET54G 192.168.1.226
    DWL2100AP 192.168.1.50 (Ethernet port)

    Is anyone familiar with how to set up the DWL2100 as a router with its own DHCP Pool, currently I have it set up with a small pool in the same subnet as the rest of the network with the gateway set to the IP of the E585, this works fine in that clients can connect to the DLINK WLAN and route through and get internet, however they do show as a client on the E585-

    I tried setting the DHCP server IP Pool on the DLINK to a different subnet (192.168.0.XXX) and the Gateway to 192.168.1.1 but clients get assigned a IP but no access.

    Can anyone suggest a configuration that might work??

    Regards

    Gerry

    GerryD, Jun 23, 2012