    I was bought a windows xp laptop for christmas and want to know what pieces
    of equipment i need to buy to be able to connect to the broadband internet
    connection that i already have with my desktop computer?

    Guest, Dec 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    You need a wireless router. Your new laptop probably came with a
    wireless adapter built in - check your manual or the laptop mftr.'s
    website for specs. If it didn't, then you need a wireless network
    adapter. Here's a website from Linksys that is good about helping
    visualize what you need:

    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    And here are some sites that will help you set things up properly:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Is there a cable that two computers can connect directly through their
    network adapters? If so, what is the setup? sshannonhouse

    Guest, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 27, 2006