connecting both computers with different operating system together

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by naderbd, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. naderbd

    naderbd Guest

    Hi...
    I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be
    in details ...
    My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition ..the other
    computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room .. my
    wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and the network card
    is connected to my kids computer...so please tell me how to activate the
    kids computer and my computer to be connected together ..so i can get the
    files that are stored in my kids computer hard drive and they can use my
    printer connected to my computer...and how can i get some of my files
    protected that they cannot open them.....i noticed something strange when
    i installed the network router and the card in both computers ..i
    uninstall my wireless router completely but the kids computer still
    connected to the internnet through there network wireless card..so i
    assume that somebody in the building got a wireless router and they get
    the intenet connection from him ..so how i know all these things and how i
    make my computers kid connected with mine..and what are the secure
    procedure that prevent anybody to log in my computer and spy on my
    files....

    Regards...

    naderbd, Jul 29, 2005

  2. naderbd