    swpa Guest

    If I add a WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1 to a 2650 router and another to a 3620 router
    can I pin a cable to make a dte/dce connection to simulate a wan?

    swpa, Jul 13, 2009

  2. Yes. Google on 'Cross-over T1 cable'. There'll be a ton of hits.

    You are beyond having a DTE or DCE once you have it encoded up to T1,
    but having a point-to-point T1 that is 6" long works exactly just the
    same as having a real telco circuit.

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 13, 2009

  3. swpa

    swpa Guest

    Thank you, do you know if these are the right WIC's to do this with?

    swpa, Jul 14, 2009

  4. Yes, they'll work fine in both those routers.
    Only problem with that one is that the counterfitters made so many bad
    copies.. :)

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 14, 2009
  5. swpa

    swpa Guest

    Okay, thanks, sorry to ask again, Ebay is not real forgiving when buying the
    right thing.

    swpa, Jul 14, 2009
  6. swpa

    swpa Guest

    I just bought two to simulate my wan connection to do QoS with it. Hope I
    got the real stuff.

    swpa, Jul 15, 2009
  7. swpa

    Thrill5 Guest

    If you bought them on E-Bay, chances are about 95% that they are
    counterfeit.

    You will need to make or acquire a cross-over T1 cable. This is NOT the
    same as a crossover Ethernet cable. You will need to learn all about T1
    clocking. On one side you will need to configure it to provide clock, and
    the other side to recover clock.

    Thrill5, Jul 15, 2009
  8. swpa

    swpa Guest

    I actually did this before with a old pair of 2600 with t1 cards but being
    Cisco makes so many different modules I don't remember what they were, every
    hand off I have now is ethernet and is a lost art to me. I cant remember
    what I used, know there is a wic you cant do this with, and I think the pins
    I use in the cable were

    1 - 3
    2 - 6
    3 - 1
    6 - 2

    Some old Bell telecomm tech gave me the pin outs and was for an interal lab
    we built to replicate our lan/wan topology for the great NT 4.0 to W2K3 AD
    migration.

    swpa, Jul 15, 2009
  9. swpa

    swpa Guest

    Again thanks everyone, I got the pinouts wrong it is actually

    The wiring is:

    1 - 4
    2 - 5
    4 - 1