    hoping to use a wireless solution as this seems to bethe easiest, but I
    do not know enough about wireless to set this up. any help would be
    appreciated.

    JohnDpatriot, Nov 15, 2004

  2. JohnDpatriot

    mikeFNB Guest

    get a couple of beams and it should be a doddle.
    many sites will help you with the other bits

    mike

    mikeFNB, Nov 16, 2004

  3. JohnDpatriot

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Nov 16, 2004
  4. JohnDpatriot

    JohnDpatriot Guest

    Thanks, that was a good place to start.

    john,

    JohnDpatriot, Nov 16, 2004
  5. John,

    I can definitely recommend a great book about setting up Point-To-Point
    wireless links.
    "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks" by Jack Unger. I have
    read this book and learned quite a bit about deploying reliable wireless
    networks. I am sure there are many similar books out there regarding this
    topic. This book is simple and thorough.

    I recommend reading over the steps for deploying a network of medium range.
    Especially important is doing a site-survey (to determine if the link will
    be as reliable and useful as you need), determining the correct antennae to
    use and determining the correct positioning for the equipment.

    Brian

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Nov 20, 2004