connecting 1721 to dsl modem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ajoe, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. ajoe

    ajoe Guest

    Please verify the my configurations. I have a 1721 router with one
    fastethernet port and a four port ESW (switch). I wish to connect the
    fastethernet port to the dsl provider equipment. The DSL provider can
    only provide dynamic ip. I also will be configuring the 1720 to dish
    out ip address to the PCS and it will also do NAT overload. Please
    verify the concept of what i am trying to acomplish.My syntax is all
    wrong however please verify the concept.

    3PCs------1720 ------ DSL Modems

    1720

    ip dhcp pool cisco
    ip dhcp network 192.168.1.30 - 192.168.1.240
    ip dhcp exclude 192.168.1.1

    int fastethernet0/0
    ip address dhcp {address to be obtained dynamically from provider}
    ip address nat outside

    int vlan 1
    ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    ip address nat inside

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fastethernet0/0

    ip nat inside source 192.168.1.0 int fa0/0 overload

    Will this configuration suffice am i missing anything
    Where do i configure DNS servers?
    The clients will connect to the ISP and then launch cisco vpn client to
    connect to corporate.
    Will there be an issue with all three vpn clients going?
    thanks

    ajoe, Jul 9, 2005