    Can I connect two routers via 10base T ports ? My "new" 2500 (ebay: $71)
    arrived sans serial port. I had already bought a DCE-DTE serial cable ,
    alas ...

    J Bard, Dec 9, 2003

  2. :Can I connect two routers via 10base T ports ?

    Yes, of course. But...

    :My "new" 2500 (ebay: $71)
    :arrived sans serial port. I had already bought a DCE-DTE serial cable ,

    Are you sure??
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/cis2500/2501/2500ug/ovr.htm

    The rear view of all of the models are shown, and the console port
    is built in on all of them. Perhaps you did not recognize it: it's
    an RJ-45 connector. The closest RJ-45 to the power switch
    is the Aux port, the one next to it is the console. On systems with
    ISDN, the third one in a row is the ISDN.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 9, 2003

  3. J Bard

    Rik Bain Guest

    what type of 2500? 2501 through 2515 have serial ports. 2524/2525 were
    modular, and I have never seen the ones in between.

    Either way, just use crossover to connect ethernet to ethernet:
    cross pins 1 --> 2 and 3 --> 6.

    Rik Bain, Dec 9, 2003
  4. J Bard

    J Bard Guest

    Many thanks for the information; I've a crossover cable right here, and it
    makes sense ; but am just learning Cisco's ..
    It's a 2524; with modular Serial WAN cards ; one was in the unit but was
    pulled ; I had looked at the Cisco site too fast and thought they all had
    serial wan ports built in. Similar to the 1600 I got on Ebay; as the flash
    memory card could be pulled, it was ...

    J Bard, Dec 9, 2003
  5. J Bard

    J Bard Guest

    It's a 2524; with modular Serial WAN cards ; one was in the unit , and was
    pulled prior to my buying it. I suspect I now will have the opportunity of
    buying IT on Ebay too ... Failed to read the fine print on the sellers ebay
    page; he never claimed to have it, and I thought they were all built in ...

    J Bard, Dec 9, 2003
  6. :It's a 2524; with modular Serial WAN cards ; one was in the unit , and was
    :pulled prior to my buying it.

    Ah, serial *WAN*. I misread you entirely, thought you were
    asking about serial *console* access.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 9, 2003
  7. J Bard

    Rod Dorman Guest

    I'm curious how much Cisco charged you for the IOS license for a used
    2500?

    Rod Dorman, Dec 9, 2003