Connect from Win2K to Cisco router to establish PPP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by c0rum_z, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. c0rum_z

    c0rum_z Guest

    Hi all,

    I have Cisco 3640 attached to a modem bank. The objective is to
    connect from Windows platform clinet to this modem and establish a PPP
    connection to the network.

    I have configured the routes as below:-

    Current configuration:
    !
    version 11.3
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    service password-encryption
    !
    aaa new-model
    aaa authentication ppp default local

    !
    interface Serial2/0
    physical-layer async
    description **dial-ppp port Tel #
    ip address 10.1.1.7 255.255.255.252
    encapsulation ppp
    ip tcp header-compression passive
    async mode interactive
    no snmp trap link-status
    peer default ip address 10.1.1.6
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap

    The problem is when I use dial up on Win2K with a after dial terminal,
    it got:
    username challage, and after I entered the correct username and
    password, I got the router> prompt and I typed PPP at the prompt and
    pressed done.

    After that I will get Window pop out of veryfing username and password
    and disconnect.

    Please help, and many thanks in advance

    rgds,

    c0rum_z

    c0rum_z, Jan 9, 2004

  2. G'day,

    Will that interface accept the following command?

    autocommand ppp

    Regards,

    Scott.
    \|/
    (o o)
    Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down
    the T1, over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.
    (Use ROT13 to see my email address)
    .oooO Oooo.
    \ ( ) /
    \_) (_/