Connect 2 Locations - 50 yards apart - w/good line of sight

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by JP, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. JP

    JP Guest

    Can someone give me some advice as to the products I should look at?

    Requirements:

    Two residential businesses about 50-75 yards apart, line of sight is
    available. First location has 50 users, second location WILL HAVE 20 users
    (NEW location). We have Windows 2003 AD, Exchange 2003 - all native.

    (1) Can this be done by two WRT54G routers or something more business
    related?

    (2) What kind of products do I need to link the two locations wirelessly?
    Is it bridges or something else - please expound on your suggestion some -

    Thank you.

    JP, Jan 9, 2005

  2. JP

    Sooner Al Guest

    Maybe both wired to your ISP and run a VPN between the networks... Faster and more secure, IMHO...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Jan 9, 2005

  3. JP

    Lindley Guest

    How can it be faster than DSL - even with VPN?

    Lindley, Jan 11, 2005