    of them...seems like no internal routing is being done and I don't
    know where to go from here. Again, very new to this (thrown in a
    network position) so any pointers would be very helpful.

    The Other Mike, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Replying to my own post....it seems that if I set the default gateway
    to the 3550 instead of the PIX that everything's working. Before I go
    changing anything in production, does that seem like all that would
    need to be done? Anything to watch out for?

    The Other Mike, Nov 10, 2006

  3. The Other Mike

    chris Guest

    If you are trying to route to the 2950 via the Pix (as the default gw) then
    this won't work. The Pix isn't a router.

    Chris.

    chris, Nov 10, 2006
  4. The Other Mike

    pcmccollum Guest

    The PIX can do basic static routing if you want, but if you're going to
    create SVIs on your L3 switches, it usually makes more sense to use
    that as your default gateway. Then perform all routing on the 3550s.

    Phillip

    pcmccollum, Nov 10, 2006
  5. The Other Mike

    CK Guest

    Hi,

    What you can do is follow following senerio best one to follow:

    INERNET

    Router/PIX

    All the vlan traffic on 2950 should be routed to 3550/
    All Intervlan traffic is handled by 3550 and then All Internet traffic
    is routed to PIX/Router for ISp etc.

    CK

    CK, Nov 10, 2006
  6. Looks good thanks. Everything seems to be working...just found the IP
    helper-address command too so DHCP seems good to go as well. Thanks.

    The Other Mike, Nov 10, 2006