    seem to have a firewall set, others don't - I'm not sure what XP has
    done to each connection. Can somebody simplify this for me and help me
    get this network running smoothly and reliably?

    elorahd, Jan 22, 2006

  2. elorahd

    Phillips Guest

    Phillips, Jan 23, 2006

  3. elorahd

    Guest Guest

    If the windows firewall is turned on, it may be blocking the connections.
    You may want to try adding the "File and Printer Sharing" to the list of
    exceptions on each PC's windows firewall settings. This will open you up to
    others, so make sure you have your router configured with WPA encryption or
    similar. This might allow you to share files across PC's.

    Guest, Jan 27, 2006