    boards,others just say what bus speeds they accept.is their anyway to
    find out for sure what motherboard will support what ram if the
    motherboard doesnt say so in the online docs?

    sam unwise, Apr 27, 2004

  2. sam unwise

    ICee Guest

    Sounds like you're confused about the different speeds and types of
    memory. Here's a couple good online tutorial about memory and a couple
    links regarding building your own system.

    http://www.corsairmicro.com/memory_basics/153707/index.html
    http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/
    http://www.buildeasypc.com/index.htm

    ICee, Apr 27, 2004

  3. sam unwise

    TT Guest

    I always recommend reading up thouroughly before you start buliding
    and have a good reference book handy-Upgrading and Repairing PC's by
    Scott Mueller is a great tool but there are others too...

    TT, Apr 27, 2004