    you have any insight into which I should use, and why I should not use the
    default wizard from Windows?

    Also, I am unfamiliar with Windows Zero Configuration.

    John, May 14, 2010

  2. This is normal, i.e. most router manufacturers' offer you
    a choice between their house brand software and the
    Windows wizard. You may need to disable the one in
    order to use the other effectively.

    Don Phillipson, May 15, 2010

  3. Hi
    In most cases using WZC provides smoother Wireless.
    However the Vendor utilities some time have special chipset related
    functions that some time can help users with specific needs.
    Install both and give both a try. Just make sure that both do not work at
    the same time.
    When you try the Vendor's utility disable the WZC service.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    When you us WZC enable the service and make sure that the Vendor's is not in
    the startup.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 15, 2010