configuring rate-limiting on a cat 6513 running IOS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Paul IJpelaar, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have the following problem:

    A server connected to a 6513 1Gbps ethernet port distributes software to
    3500 clients behind a 34Mbps line (telecomuters). Also this server is used
    for the local 100Mbps clients. Normally when no software is distributed the
    avg. load of the line to the telecommuters is about 10Mbps. When a scheduled
    softwaredistribution runs the line gets congested.
    What I want is that all traffic comming from the Software distribution
    servers IP address to the subnet where the remote clients are, is limited
    to, say 24Mbps, so there still is about 10 Mbps for normal operation and the
    softwaredistribution is throttled.

    I turned the cisco site upside-down but could not find a solution the
    achieve this.

    Anyone any suggestions or examples to tackle this problem?
    Please reply to group and

    Thanks in advance!
    Paul IJpelaar

    Paul IJpelaar, Jun 1, 2005