Configuring more than one port to allow only the same list of mac-addresses

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by naploleon, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. naploleon

    naploleon

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    I am trying to configure several ports on a cisco 2950 switch to only allow connections to the same 5 MAC addresses. The first port configures fine but when I try to set up the next port with the same MAC addresses it returns an error about duplicate MAC address. Is it possible to set-up more than one port to allow the same MAC address? Below is the basic configuration I am using.

    interface range fastethernet 0/1 -5

    switchport mode access
    switchport port-security
    switchport port-security max 5
    switchport port- security mac-address [address 1]
    switchport port- security mac-address [address 2]
    switchport port- security mac-address [address 3]
    switchport port- security mac-address [address 4]
    switchport port- security mac-address [address 5]

    It works fine on the first port but will give an error about duplicate mac-addresses for the other ports.

    Thank you

    naploleon, Sep 18, 2007