    How do you configure monitores to give true colours?

    Hope you can all help

    reply to

    Robin Stephenson, Dec 11, 2003

  2. This was covered a couple of days ago in the Calibrating monitors" post

    Juan R. Pollo, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Robin Stephenson

    Samuel Paik Guest

    Monitor calibration.

    Samuel Paik, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Robin Stephenson

    Digitalis Guest

    Actually, that thread simply talked about creating ICM profiles after
    calibrating the monitor. Actually calibrating the monitor was glossed
    over. About the best one can do is set the black level and contrast.
    After that, profiles can be done, if you have software that uses them,
    as discussed in that thread.

    If you are lucky, you may encounter a calibrated greyscale image to
    assist in calibrating your monitor. They are sometimes seen on people's
    galleries and sometimes in association with articles discussing this
    topic on the web. Further comments anyone?

    HTH.

    Digitalis, Dec 12, 2003
  5. My point (which I guess I didn't make too clear) was that the topic has been
    covered extensively in usenet, probably second only to the digital vs. film
    comparison. A lot more information can be obtained by a simple Google search
    than can be posted in any one thread.

    But as to your comment regarding the best we can do, we can actually do a
    lot more but it takes time and patience. The monitor settings can be
    adjusted through the Windows Settings/Control
    Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced (on Windows 98, may be slightly different in
    other versions). This will access the settings for the video card and colors
    can be adjusted to match an actual photograph or live object.

    Juan

    Juan R. Pollo, Dec 12, 2003