    I dont know if this configuration works in real, but it is accpeted by
    cisco CLI.

    Any ideas?

    FX, Jun 15, 2008

  2. FX

    Stephen Guest

    what you probably have is each vlan can be bound as an interface to a
    VRF.
    what you have is vlans which are logical interfaces to the different
    emulated routers in each VRF.

    FWIW the way we support multiple VPNs to a site with Ethernet WAN
    access is to extend each VRF from PE to CE as a different VLAN tag
    it does work. it does not need VPNs or MPLS to be useful.
    for example we run management in 1 VRF in a L3 switch, and customer
    traffic in another.
    2 logical routing instances in different VRFs, with different routing
    tables.

    Stephen, Jun 16, 2008