Configure Aironet 1100 with static ip and as a DHCP server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Goggen, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. Goggen

    Goggen Guest

    While looking at cisco.com to find som documentation for this, anybody done
    this configuration:
    The AP is connected to an LAN with internet access thru its ethernetport. I
    want to assign a static ip for the AP, but also wants it to act as a DHCP
    server.
    I want the Ap to assign ip addresses in a drifferent range than the LAN
    connection. Something like this:

    LAN with internetaccess 192.168.0.0/24:
    DefGw: 192.168.0.1
    DNS: 192.168.0.10

    The AP will be assigned 192.168.0.99/24 with DefGw and DNS as above.

    The AP's Wireless side, I would like to configure as DHCP server with the
    range 10.0.0.0/24

    Anyone that has easy config to do this?

    I will be looking the cisco web for answer, but if anyone can give me a
    helping hand I would appriciate that.

    Sand-Strand

    Goggen, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Hi Sand-Strand,

    ~ While looking at cisco.com to find som documentation for this, anybody done
    ~ this configuration:
    ~ The AP is connected to an LAN with internet access thru its ethernetport. I
    ~ want to assign a static ip for the AP, but also wants it to act as a DHCP
    ~ server.

    You can do that.

    ~
    ~ LAN with internetaccess 192.168.0.0/24:
    ~ DefGw: 192.168.0.1
    ~ DNS: 192.168.0.10
    ~
    ~ The AP will be assigned 192.168.0.99/24 with DefGw and DNS as above.
    ~
    ~ The AP's Wireless side, I would like to configure as DHCP server with the
    ~ range 10.0.0.0/24
    ~
    ~ Anyone that has easy config to do this?

    The AP is not a router, so you can't use it to route between your net
    10.0.0/24 and your net 192.168.0/24, which is what it sounds like you
    want to do. It only supports a single IP local address in a single subnet.

    A wireless router such as an 851W or 871W would let you do this.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~