Configure 1750 with PIX 515E...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jsandlin0803, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. jsandlin0803

    jsandlin0803 Guest

    I am going to be puttin in a Cisco 1750 router with a Cisco PIX 515E
    with 6 ports and Unrestricted software. i just need some assistance. I
    will have a T1 for internet. Below is the ISP information:

    Static IP Block: 162.40.148.0/29
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248
    DNS: 166.102.165.11, 166.102.165.13

    I will have 3 different subnets on the PIX, all using the T1 for the
    internet connection.

    I have not set up a T1 on the 1750 before, but i pretty much know my
    way around the router. I have not even messed with the PIX device
    before...so, IS there any software that i can build the firewall with
    from a windows machine? I would like software that i can use instead of
    trying to use the command line with the PIX.

    Anyway, here is what i need.

    I am going to draw a diagram below and fix and add as needed.

    T1 ---- 162.40.148.1(Cisco1750)192.168.21.2--------192.168.21.1(Cisco
    PIX 515E)

    The subnets that will be connecting are....192.168.0.0/24,
    192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24

    These will connect directly into the PIX.

    Here is what i need info on:

    What routes do i put into the 1750?: 0.0.0 0 0.0.0 0. 0.0.0 0.
    0.0.0.0?
    Is there an easier software to configure PIX?
    Is the address i have on the WAN side of the 1750 correct?
    How do i set up a DMZ on the PIX?

    jsandlin0803, Nov 22, 2005

  2. :I am going to be puttin in a Cisco 1750 router with a Cisco PIX 515E
    :with 6 ports and Unrestricted software. i just need some assistance.

    :I have not even messed with the PIX device
    :before...so, IS there any software that i can build the firewall with
    :from a windows machine? I would like software that i can use instead of
    :trying to use the command line with the PIX.

    If the 515E has factory defaults, then you will need to use the
    command line long enough to give the inside interface an ip address.
    After that, you can use PDM, which is a java-based GUI that launches

    Walter Roberson, Nov 22, 2005

  3. jsandlin0803

    jsandlin0803 Guest

    Thanks for your reply.