Configuration reverted to previous configuration after power loss

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ward@sciinc.com, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I do not have much experience with the Cisco PIX 506e, but one of my
    customers uses one, so here I am... A few months ago I modified an
    access rule using the PDM. I used the "Save" button to save the
    configuration to the flash memory. Everything worked fine. A week ago
    we had an extended power outage and the UPS ran out of battery. When
    the power was restored the PIX came back up fine, however based on
    traffic into the network it appeared that the PIX configuration was not
    correct. After logging into the PDM I saw that the configuration was
    not correct. It had reverted back to the previous configuration before
    I modified the access rules. Please not, the previous configuration was
    NOT the default PIX configuration.

    Did I miss a step somewhere that would commit the changes to in a more
    permanent fashion?

    Any help appreciated.

    CW

    , Mar 3, 2006