    desktop with just sound drivers. Im wondering if anyone has found a driver
    for Conexant chips.
    Would be greatly appreciated if you have one :) thanks.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Guest

    Peter Lawton Guest

    I had the same trouble with a Compaq laptop, Conexant make rubbish ac97
    chips

    What I think I did was install the Realtek AC97 drivers then updated the
    installed driver using an AC97 driver from the Intel site. I also needed the
    ATI southbridge drivers from the ATI site as well.

    Sorry I can't remember exactly how I did it, I was fiddling about for a
    couple of days before I got sound on my Compaq R4155EA laptop under XP x64 -
    but it does work now :)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    do you know which intel driver you dloaded?

    Guest, Oct 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Sorry I don't remember exactly, it was a while ago now. I downloaded one of
    their set of x64 motherboard drivers then updated my installed Realtek
    driver using its Windows hardware properties.

    Try a search on the Intel site for ac97 driver x64

    If it helps the version of alcwdm64.sys I'm using is 5.10.0.6020

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Oct 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    www.planetamd64.com has the driver. You'll have to sign-up (free) to get
    into the download section, but they have Conexant drivers for both XP x64 and
    Vista x64. It's also an excellent place to find other drivers and is nicely
    oraganized. BTW, I know they have it because I used it for my HP Pavilion
    zv6007us notebook with Conexant / ATI sound. It's pretty basic, but it
    allows me to use a cooler OS!

    Guest, Oct 25, 2006