Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by canixs, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. canixs

    canixs Guest

    All,
    I've been using window vista 64bits almost a year now on this particular
    laptop and unable to find the audio driver for it. Well Today, I finally
    found it on HP website for one of their laptop and it works with this
    gateway laptop, but need manual installation and here's how:

    1. Download and unzip this file
    http://www.canixs.com/vista64/Conexant64.zip which including audio and modem
    drivers folders
    2. In the Device manager, right click the device to install and choose
    pick device driver from the list, scroll through the lists and choose
    Multimedia audio device and click on "have disk", then direct it to the
    extract folder. It will give you the warning about compatible issue but just
    click OK and will install fine, then reboot the system. Do the same thing
    for Modem.

    That was the only way to get it installed and worked.

    canixs, Aug 5, 2007

  2. canixs

    canixs Guest

    I just realized that the sound works fine except it won't work when waking
    from sleep mode. I just wonder if there's a way to fix this.

    canixs, Aug 5, 2007

  3. canixs

    John Barnes Guest

    There are a lot of problems on many computers waking from sleep. Usually
    they are the result of the driver not supporting sleep mode and there is no
    solution.
    You can try other BIOS settings and see if they help.

    John Barnes, Aug 5, 2007
  4. canixs

    Guest Guest

    John:
    Two upcoming updates of Vista, 938979 & 938194, address sleep resuming
    issues.
    Maybe those could be a solution for the poster.
    These updates are still not official but are widely available on the web.
    The first one finally disables all the known tricks for bypassing driver
    signing in Vistax64 automatically during boot.
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 7, 2007
  5. canixs

    Willl Guest

    Just wanted to thank you for the link! I now have sound on my Gateway
    7510gx running the release candidate for Windows 7. Still no sound
    after wake from sleep unfortunately.

    Willl, Jun 16, 2009