Comtrend CT-5361T Modem

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by James Carlock, Dec 21, 2011.

  1. Hello,

    It's been awhile since I played around with networking systems and hooking
    up Apache to a network and running domains off a system.

    I used to do it by having the "modem" pass the NIC an IP address and I
    understand it well when going about it in that manner. I started to re-read
    books by Cisco and other things on networking as I lost all my knowledge
    on the seven network layers (physical (I), data link (II), network (III),
    session (IV), transport (V) presentation (VI) and application (VII)).

    So I need some help, and if I need to, I shall, build an application using
    some of the Windows API (of course, in assembly).

    I can connect to the Comtrend router/switch via the internal IP or the
    external IP addresses. I need some help here though. I prefer to obtain
    an IP address handed directly to the NIC, I just lack the skills in reading
    and configuring this modem to do such things.

    I ended up opening a second year Cisco book on routing, as well as the
    documentation for the modem (a PDF file)...

    http://download.comtrend.com/CT5361T_A3.3.pdf

    Hi to all my friends and everyone that claims not to be friendly.

    Hopefully by the end of today, the websites shall be visible. Thanks to
    everyone in advance. I still need to re-read this documentation on the
    modem.

    James Carlock, Dec 21, 2011