    machine stops running and powers off, but then a second or two later
    reboots itself. The only thing I can do is turn off the switch at the
    power tap. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

    JTJersey, Jan 28, 2004

  2. JTJersey

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Either the power button itself is faulty, or you have some type of auto
    power on option enabled in your BIOS. Disable everything, wake from RTC,
    wake on LAN, wake on Modem/Ring, everything. See if this fixes it.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 28, 2004

  3. JTJersey

    Wizard Guest

    "Wake on lan" or such is set in the BIOS.

    Wizard, Jan 28, 2004
  4. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    Found it. Thanks. The "Wake Up on PCI Card" option was enabled.
    Disabled that option and it shuts down normally. Thanks again.

    JTJersey, Jan 28, 2004
  5. JTJersey

    Trent© Guest

    Glad you found the problem on your system.

    That problem, though, was also a bug in 98...that got resolved by a
    patch. You obviously didn't have the bug problem.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

    Trent©, Jan 28, 2004