    What should I check FIRST.
    Disconnect all the Power but that to MB and Floppy; Plus Cables
    Bob in Wisconsin

    Robert J. Stevens, Jul 7, 2006

  2. One thing to check is to see if the on/off switch is defective. If you
    hold in the power button for 4 seconds, it shuts it off. Check the
    connectors to the motherboard very carefully.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 7, 2006

  3. You probably have a bad mainboard, but lets try the following anyway:

    Remove all add-in cards except for the video card, try powering the
    machine on. If no go, remove all cards, disconnect power to everything
    except for the mainboard and remove the ram sticks. Try powering it on.
    If it still powers up for 3 seconds and shuts right off, you most
    likely have a shot board.

    bughunter.dustin, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Robert J. Stevens

    Pennywise Guest

    |>I am trying to get a PII with ATX PWS to run
    |>It Wont Start; Fan Runs 3 seconds then stops
    |>Tried a different PWS but same Phenom
    |>What should I check FIRST.
    |>Disconnect all the Power but that to MB and Floppy; Plus Cables
    |>Bob in Wisconsin

    Short the PS Green wire to any black wire, if the power supply is good
    it will run.
    http://www.bluemax.net/techtips/ATXPowerSupplyWiring/ATXPowerSupplyWiring.htm

    Pennywise, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Looks like the Power Switch is Defective. I patched in a Reset Swithch I
    have and Got the PUTER To boot. Fixed W98 for client
    Tanks to all
    Boo

    Robert J. Stevens, Jul 8, 2006
  6. You're welcome.