    ale Guest

    steven!!
    thank you thank you, thank youuuu

    ale, Jul 30, 2009

  2. Zero Clue

    pete Guest

    hi
    this helped me finding the wireless networks and connecting to it but it
    still does not connect me to the internet. It says that I am connected to
    the network and the signal strenght is excellent. What do I do next?

    pete, Sep 14, 2009

  3. I had the same problem few days ago with wireless network i followed your
    directions and it worked thank you verymuch

    Mixmaster_lester2, Sep 24, 2009
  4. Zero Clue

    Dunk Guest

    This is EXACTLY what I needed. No b*ll - just how to fix it. Brilliant. Thank
    you.

    Dunk, Oct 7, 2009
  5. Zero Clue

    REDDY Guest

    REDDY, Nov 16, 2009
  6. Zero Clue

    Dave Guest

    Thank you so much Steven. My HP Assistant was pretty useless and your
    instructions helped me connect to a wireless network.

    Dave, Nov 23, 2009
  7. Zero Clue

    JOSFMORRIS Guest

    Ah hell I just give up. It is a waste of time reading nothing

    JOSFMORRIS, Mar 29, 2010
  8. Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 29, 2010
  9.
    josephus flumo, Apr 16, 2010
  10. Zero Clue

    Lem Guest

    As Windows error messages go, that's one of the clearest and most
    helpful. It means what it says -- you are using a non-Windows utility
    to control your wireless adapter, most likely the one supplied by the
    manufacturer of the laptop or the wireless adapter itself.

    Because you appear to have attached your post to the end of an unrelated
    thread, I'm not sure what "site" you went to or why you're confused.

    The part of Jack's site that's relevant to you is
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

    More than likely, there will be an icon in the system notification area
    (next to the clock) that will permit you to open and configure the
    utility that is controlling your wifi adapter. Hover your mouse over
    each icon (and/or right click on each icon) until you figure out which
    is the correct one.

    You can then either (a) use the currently-active utility to find and
    connect to wireless networks or (b) disable it and permit Windows to
    control/configure your wifi adapter.

    If, after identifying the icon that accesses the currently-active
    wireless utility, you still can't figure out how to use it, include the
    make/model of *both* your laptop *and* its wifi adapter in your next post.

    If you can't determine any icon that accesses a non-Windows utility that
    controls your wifi adapter, do the following:

    1. Click Start > Run
    2. In the "Run" window, type the three letters cmd
    3. Click OK
    4. In the black "Command Prompt" window, type the following commands and
    press the Enter key after each of them:
    tasklist /svc > c:\test.txt
    notepad c:\test.txt
    5. Paste the contents of the result into your reply.

    Lem, Apr 16, 2010
  11. Zero Clue

    Aareen

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2010
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I agree with Gary M on this one he is very correct. However, I can see there being other problems. I would check your IP settings and make sure everything is set to obtain automaticly. If you can't pint the router and the card is good, then it has to be the IP settings.

    Aareen, Apr 22, 2010