    computer gets ready to turn itself off because the RPC (Remote Procedure
    Call) terminated unexpectedly.
    HELP??????????

    JAMFREAK, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Sounds like you got the Blaster worm, download the fixblast.exe and install
    the patch from microsoft and you should be fine.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    Chad

    Chad Williams, Sep 2, 2003

  3. JAMFREAK Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <bj0tet$dtll7$-berlin.de>:

    > I'm dialing up to the Internet thru a phone-modem.
    > 20-30 seconds after I connect I'm receiving an error message 'that
    > my computer gets ready to turn itself off because the RPC (Remote
    > Procedure Call) terminated unexpectedly.

    You have the Blaster worm, or something similar to it...

    www.symantec.com

    Borrow a working computer, find their download tools, then download
    the blaster fixer file and clean your infected one via their
    instructions.

    HTH

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 2, 2003