Computer struggling, won't run programs DWWIN.EXE-Application error Porco cane!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    I can't reinstall anything Meerkat,

    Everytime I double click on something, I get those 00005 error
    messages, and the programs never startup.

    I'm using my 1998 HP Pavilion 400mhz computer now while the main one
    my Dell XPS T-600 is acting squirrelly.

    I restarted the repair again about 15 minutes ago and now it is saying
    Setup cannot copy the file "msdasc.chm"

    * To retry, press ENTER

    If you are installing from a CDROM make sure the Windows XP CD is in
    the CDROM drive

    *To skip this file, press ESC.

    CAUTION, If you skip this file, Setup may not complete and windows XP
    may not work properly.

    * To quite Setup, press F3.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    OK, I cleaned the CDROM with a kitchen paper towel and now it grabbed
    the file and kept going. It is up to 55% now.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    You did get into windows tho`, so we are half way home.
    It appears that your CD is either dirty or damaged,
    that`s why we can`t get a clean / full install.

    You could try cleaning your CD gently, or we`ve got to
    repair the system by trying to replace the damaged/missing
    files.

    PS, I`m supposed to stop using my machine at 9.45,
    so I`m running out of time tonight.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    OK,
    it is "saving configuration now" It didn't run through the installing
    software and other jazz that it did the first time. This time there
    have been zero errors. It found every file that it needed.

    I can't figure out why it didn't go like a complete install as it did
    the first time? Vedremmo?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  5. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    DIRTY CD.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  6. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    What is best for cleaning the CD?

    Right now it has rebooted and it is waiting for me to give it an OK so
    it can install windows. It is in step four like the first time. After
    that it will finalize the installation.

    Should I let it install again? And clean the CD every time it hangs on
    a file?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  7. Rock Gibbons

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Yes, you have killed it, you want to beat it to death and give an hourly
    report about it.

    It died yesterday and instant death ask your mama she'll tell you.

    I am just the *messenger*. <g>

    Mr. Arnold, Mar 21, 2007
  8. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    This time it made it all the way through. Well almost. It says it had
    two minutes remaining and is "saving Settings"

    I only had one error this time and it had something to do with Windows
    Media player. So maybe it won't be critical to Windows booting up and
    allowing me to start programs.

    I have other media players that I use anyway besides Windows.

    So I should know something in a pair of minuti.

    If this doesn't work, I'm going to back away for the day as I'm tired.
    I've been sitting here working on this with Meerkat over eight hours.
    :)

    Thank goodness I have a backup computer.

    C'est la vie!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  9. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Still 1 minute left!

    It says it is "Removing any temporary files"

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 22, 2007
  10. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It finished, but when it rebooted, I'm getting the same error
    messages.

    So I'm going to do now what you suggested earlier. I'll go into Safe
    mode and see if I can reinstall Acronis True Image, Zone alarm Suite 7
    and Roboform.

    I hope that I don't have to reinstall every program on my computer.

    If that frigging Windows "Restore" program would have worked like it
    should have, I could have backed up a few days, restored that data and
    been back in business.

    Lately, though the last two times I have needed "restore" it wouldn't
    go backwards no matter which of the days I used to restore.

    That is one of the most worthless products I have ever seen.

    Now it's beginning to look like I will have to format the hard drive
    and then reinstall hundreds and hundreds of applications!!

    My GOD!! My GOD! Why hast thou forsaken me? :-(((

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 22, 2007
  11. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    This is my last post for tonight on this. I'm very puzzled about
    something.

    When I boot up normally, I get all of those error messages, and none
    of the icons on the desktop will start, and other programs executing
    in the background won't start either.

    However the desktop will display normally.

    Now when I boot into safe mode, all the desktop icons start up and run
    with no problem EVERYONE!

    So could it be just one very important loading, or scheduling program
    that is missing? If that is the case I wouldn't have to reinstall each
    program that doesn't run. That is going to take weeks.

    In safe mode things run perfectly. How can that be?

    Thanks

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 22, 2007
  12. Rock Gibbons

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Your profile is screwed up. Boot into safe mode and create a new user with
    admin rights, login with that new user. Control Panel>User Accounts>Create a
    new account. System Restore, Recovery installs are not going to replace all
    the deleted files.

    pcbutts1, Mar 22, 2007
  13. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Ok,

    I'll try that now.

    Merci mille!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 22, 2007
  14. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Sorry, but it didn't make any difference.

    I created a new administrator account and turned the computer off for
    a minute, then booted back up. I'm getting the exact same error stuff.

    "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on
    OK to terminate the application and kiss your arse goodbye!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 22, 2007
  15. Rock Gibbons

    Dr. Beard Guest

    Don't forget that you can always reformat your hard-drive and reinstall
    Windows from scratch.

    I've found that the best solution on a number of occasions where the system
    became so bogged down with errors and garbage that repairing it would me
    more trouble than it's worth. Now, on any new machine I set up, I create
    two partitions. One for my Office files, mp3's and videos and the other
    for Windows.

    Dr. Beard, Mar 22, 2007
  16. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    I have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of programs on my computer.
    It would take weeks to reinstall all of them. I'm not willing to do
    that.

    anyway a few minutes ago, I uninstalled BitDefender version 10
    Antivirus. If it is set to check files when they open it can cause
    errors like that.

    I was able to delete all but one DLL file, and when I rebooted, I'm
    still getting the exact same error messages as I typed in the very
    first post two days ago.

    I have no further idea as to what to try short of reformatting and I'm
    not willing to do that yet.

    Thanks for the tip anyway. You may end up being right.

    I don't have any backup files either so I would lose tens of tens of
    thousands of dollars of data. :-(

    This is a real bad situation.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 23, 2007
  17. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    Do you want to try again to sort out your problems ?
    If you do, just answer this post.
    Let`s try to do it in an organised way.
    You`ve written your request, now, I`m answering it.

    Now I`ll wait for your response, then I`ll answer it.

    You write once, I write once.
    That way we can keep control of what we`re doing.

    meerkat, Mar 23, 2007
  18. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Hi there MeerKat,

    Sorry I didn't speak at youns guys yesterday, but I was out of town
    from yesterday morning until about an hour ago.

    I'm running "chkdsk /p/r

    Right now.

    I also started to reinstall again. I found a way to put a fresh copy
    of Windows on without formatting my hard drive. It did say it might
    wipe out my "My Documents folder which has thousands of files in it,
    but that is not as bad a wiping out everything.

    The Chkdsk is only 26% finished. It will finish in about an hour. Then
    I will be ready to work with you.

    If you are absolutely certain that won't help and you want to do
    something else now. Let me know and I will try to cancel it.

    Peace.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 23, 2007
  19. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    OK R.
    Let the test run, it`ll show if your h/drive is OK.

    Talk to you in a while.

    meerkat, Mar 23, 2007
  20. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    OK,

    I just finished "chkdsk" and rebooted. Still the exact same error
    messages.

    "The application failed to initialzie properly (0xc0000005). Click on
    OK to terminate the application"???????????

    Absolutely nothing changed.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 23, 2007