  1. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It still says at the bottom left of my screen "Saving configuration...

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Still says "Saving configuration.

    The disk drive light is not flickering. It is "out" for a long time?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It is now rebooting!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It nows want me to put the CDROM back in so it can install windows> It
    says it will take 39 minutes to do that.

    Can I cancel it now? Or do I have to gro through reinstalling windows
    again?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  5. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It looks like it took off on its own without my teling it to reinstall
    Windows?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  6. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Well, it is changing screens every minute or so telling me about some
    feature of XP.

    As long as it boots up and works properly, I guess I can live with
    whatever it is doing. In Orange on the left, it says it is installing
    Windows. It hasn't asked me for any activation codes, or anything yet?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  7. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    When you got to the `next screen` you did tell it to
    Repair windows, by pressing R ?.
    If not, you have Re-installed windows, which is Not
    what we were trying to do.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  8. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Computers are wonderful companions for people as they grow older
    aren't they? They have no of the bad habits of humans.
    They don't steal, lie, do drugs, ask for overtime pay, come to work
    late, look down on you for material reason, or because of your age,
    height, weight, gender, ethnicity, or a host of other psychotic
    matters. :)

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  9. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Well,

    It ran fine until it got to the point where it asked me for a "Product
    Key"

    When I entered the one I used to install SP2 it says it is invalid. So
    I'm drifting in the wind again without a clue as to why it even asked
    for it when I am still using the same cdrom that I used for the
    initial installation four months ago? :-(

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  10. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It never gave me any option with an "R" other than the Recovery
    console on the first screen which you told me to avoid.

    I guess I had better return this computer and get me another IBM PC
    with Dos 3.2, 10mb hard drive and one floppy drive. That would be
    simpler. I could run word perfect and Quattro Pro.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  11. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Ok Meerkat,

    After I finally found the product activation key and installed it
    continued on for about a minute. It says there are 28 minutes left on
    the install.

    Now it pauses and ask me where is "msdtctm.dll"

    I would think it would be on the CDROM, but apparently it isn't

    So it is head scratching time again?

    Shouldn't I just back out of this altogether and try it again?

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  12. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    The install is still going. Only 19 minutes left. However, I have had
    to tell it to ignore about a dozen files it wanted to load. so I don't
    know what sort of abortion I will have when it finishes. There it goes
    again. Now it can't find "msgr3en.dll" Since it didn't format my
    computer, I'm hoping they will still be on the computer from before I
    started the reinstall.

    It is starting to look very exlaxy now though. :-(

    Aiuto mi!!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  13. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    Yes, on that second screen there was an option to repair,
    rather than an install !!.

    Don`t give up.
    Try to make a note of the Full name of each file that you
    have to bypass.
    You can always get them afterwards.
    You are learning to master your machine, and you`ll
    never forget...Don`t delete anything Unless you know
    what it is <G>.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  14. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    It just finished saving now and is rebooting back up

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  15. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Well,

    I did a reinstall of Windows XP Pro, but it is still giving me the
    exact same messages as when I started this process this morning.

    I must have really found a way to trash this computer. I have no
    backups to use. I'm still getting these failed to initialize 00005
    click OK to terminate messages. This is really scary now.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  16. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Well,

    Everything is back up now. The desktop looks exactly the same as when
    I started this morning.

    All the icons are there so it didn't write over anything. When I
    double click on an icon on the desktop, or single click one at the
    bottom, I get the same messages as you saw in the very first post.

    So should I try the CD route again, and look for the repair option
    instead of the install one?

    I'm fresh out of ideaz! :-(

    I can't believe it ran that long and accomplished naught!

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  17. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    I want you to respond to this post only.
    Forget everything up until now.

    Are you own programs still on the machine ?.
    Or have you only got a clean New install of XP ?.

    OK, I`m waiting here.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  18. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Yes I see it now. I did hit repair before. Itherwise it said it would
    install a fresh copy and it would have formatted my hard drive which
    it didn't

    It is back to examing my disk again.

    Well it said that it had performed maintenace and so I rebooted it.

    Once again the first thing that hits the screen is this:

    Schedul2.exe- Application Error

    The instruction at "0xf38ecb24" referenced memory at "0xffffff8c". The
    memory could not be written.

    Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on Cancel to debug the program

    OK Cancel

    After that come all of the DWWIN.exe Application error messages.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007
  19. Rock Gibbons

    meerkat Guest

    I assume you`ve got Acronis on your machine ?.
    If you have, Re-install it.
    Let`s deal with the problems one at a time.

    meerkat, Mar 21, 2007
  20. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Yes everything looks exactly the same as when we first started.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 21, 2007