    will subsidize or pay for the removal and repair of any damage done.

    Anyone has any idea about this? If there's such a thing, would anyone
    be interested?

    choo888, Aug 23, 2006

  2. choo888

    Ghostrider Guest

    There can be insurance for anything so long as the party looking
    for coverage is willing to pay for it and there is a value to the
    potential loss. And the example here falls under the category of
    "catastrophic loss of business". Contact an insurance broker.

    Ghostrider, Aug 23, 2006

  3. choo888

    Pete Guest

    Don't bother, just back up your data each day and run proper software in the
    first place.

    Pete, Aug 23, 2006
  4. choo888

    Pete Guest

    That company would also have to operate the computers and do all the work
    for the people your company employs. It's a crap business idea but full
    marks for seeing if you would have any customers. Is it a college or
    university course you need the information for. it sounds like a Business
    Studies Course.

    Pete, Aug 23, 2006
  5. You can get insurance for just about anything.
    Ask your insurance company.
    If you have ant type of business insurance, ask that insurer.
    If there is demand for a type of insurance, it will be
    available...somewhere.

    There will be limitations.
    And contrary to what someone else said, you should even be able to insure
    for stupidity or other failures on your part, but the premium will be higher
    if you need that kind of coverage.

    Insurance companies like other businesses make money which means they
    collect more from premiums more than they pay in claims.
    If you submit claims, be prepared to have premiums raised or be dropped all
    together.

    Personally, I would not want such coverage.
    It is far cheaper and easier for me to maintain my systems and have and
    maintain my own emergency plans.

    Jupiter Jones, Aug 24, 2006
  6. choo888

    richard Guest

    Lloyds of London will insure anything for any amount.
    Best defense is a good offense. Save your data to an outside source. If the
    internal data gets hit, your backup will easily be recovered.

    richard, Aug 24, 2006
  7. choo888

    Name Guest

    ***
    Data recovery/backup is an all important process that any CEO will pay
    dearly for. Then when the time comes for the insurance company to pay off
    some sub human will have to deal with the IC which will make the rules as it
    goes. After weeks of negotiation the sub will be determined incompetent and
    be fired while the company suffers unreal lost. Get a clue! This is not
    practical!

    Name, Aug 24, 2006
  8. choo888

    Duane Arnold Guest

    They probably have a pre-existing clause. That clause would be you have
    to know what you're doing with the computer for a two year period before
    they would pay any claims.

    Or you have to show you had a insurance company covering your computer
    claims with payout, before the current carrier would pay on your claim.

    That's going to make it kind of tough for you to make a claim. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 24, 2006