    YT Guest

    every 5-8 hours, my computer reboots for no reason.
    Please help!!

    YT, Oct 26, 2005

  2. YT

    TTG Guest

    Quit pushing the reset button :)

    OS and a few more details might help !

    TTG, Oct 26, 2005

  3. YT

    samuel Guest

    too much HTML

    samuel, Oct 26, 2005
  4. YT

    Fred Guest

    every 5-8 hours, my computer reboots for no reason.
    Please help!!

    That was always a problem with the ZX81. Please try to avaoid ram pack
    wobble.

    Fred, Oct 26, 2005
  5. YT

    YT Guest

    Windows XP. Only happened recently...
    Maybe clubbox has spyware and that is causing it???
    But I've used it for few months and hasn't happened before.
    I do scan my computer with adware and spyware....

    YT, Oct 26, 2005
  6. YT

    YT Guest

    what is ZX81 and ram pack wobble???

    YT, Oct 26, 2005
  7. YT

    old jon Guest

    every 5-8 hours, my computer reboots for no reason.
    Please help!!Not much info there is there ?. Check in your Event Viewer for any errors\warnings.
    Or it could be an overheating problem. Or it could be a component, starting to fail.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Oct 26, 2005
  8. YT

    Fred Guest

    Its a computer from the 1980's. As you gave us NO details of your make/model
    and operating system I thought I would make up an answer.

    Fred, Oct 26, 2005
  9. YT

    Trax Guest

    |>every 5-8 hours, my computer reboots for no reason.
    |>Please help!!

    Go into your bios and turn off any WAKE ON settings (Lan, Modem)

    Trax, Oct 26, 2005
  10. YT

    Trax Guest

    |>every 5-8 hours, my computer reboots for no reason.
    |>Please help!!

    I've got to start reading these better, last post cancel'd but I'm
    sure google has it.

    Check for Ram Pack Wobble...

    Trax, Oct 26, 2005
  11. YT

    Brian Guest

    yee fu**cking haa! Wake up, Trax :)..

    Brian, Oct 26, 2005
  12. YT

    John Holmes Guest

    Trax blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You must be a standup comedian, now are you?

    John Holmes, Oct 26, 2005
  13. YT

    John Holmes Guest

    Trax blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    OK, that looks better.

    John Holmes, Oct 26, 2005
  14. YT

    Dan Evans Guest

    Could be overheating. Open the case a get the fluff and dust out, and if it
    were mine I'd be tempted to replace the CPU fan.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 26, 2005
  15. YT

    YT Guest

    okay, I've cleaned out my inside of the computer, so
    it doesn't seem to be overheating problems.
    Any other possibilites to suggest???

    YT, Oct 27, 2005
  16. YT

    Plato Guest

    Well, cleaning out the pc doesn't mean its not, or was, an overheating
    problem. All fans have to be working, especially the new fans that often
    come on video cards.

    Still, 4-5 hours seems way to long for a heat problem as generally if
    you have a heat problem you'd reboot/freeze way sooner. It only takes a
    few minutes for many parts to heat up.

    For the heck of it run the pc with the cover off and see what happens.

    Plato, Oct 27, 2005