  1. dan

    dan Guest

    Please only respond with answers are questions, not spam.

    dan, Dec 4, 2004

  2. dan

    dan Guest

    I'll pop this RAM in to check. I guess I will find out if the problem is the
    hard drive if it still does not work after writing 0s. I'll try a few things
    to diagnose it. Thanks for all of your help Thor.

    dan, Dec 4, 2004

  3. dan

    dan Guest

    I have the hard drive in this computer now and I backed everythign up. Now I
    am tryign to find a utility that writes zeros to the hard drive. I think you
    are supposed to get that utility from the manufacturer, but I cannot find
    MDT's website. Will have manufacturer's program work for wirting zeros? Does
    anyone know MDT's website. Thanks.

    dan, Dec 4, 2004
  4. dan

    Thor Guest

    what is the manufacturer of the harddrive?

    Thor, Dec 5, 2004
  5. dan

    Plato Guest

    Any zero fill will do:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/1533/zerofill.zip

    Jeeze hope that the new avg7 dont put a sig in here as I'm in the middle
    of testing at the moment with ZA.

    Plato, Dec 6, 2004
  6. dan

    dan Guest

    The manufacturer is MDT. Bootdisk.com is charging me $4 for it, so I prefer
    a free one.

    dan, Dec 9, 2004
  7. dan

    Thor Guest

    never heard of MDT harddrives. Found their website after reading your reply.
    Pretty damn obscure little brand. Their website is about useless. As for
    bootdisk.com, I wasn't aware that he started to charge for access to some
    hosted utilities. Sorry to hear it.

    Thor, Dec 9, 2004
  8. dan

    dan Guest

    I was able to find a free utility after doing a lot of searching. I have yet
    to do it, but probably will tomorrow or this weekend. Out of curiousity,
    what was their website? I looked for a while. Thanks.

    dan, Dec 10, 2004
  9. dan

    Thor Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/5wyv9

    They do have downloadable EZ-Drive setup disk. But that's about the extent
    of their support utilities. I thought you had already checked their website,
    otherwise I would have direct you there initially. Sorry.

    Thor, Dec 10, 2004